jueves, 7 de enero de 2010

UNIT 7: POLITICAL CORRECTNESS

Listen to this man talking about Political Correctness, and fill in the gaps with the words you hear. You will only need ONE word in each space.



- I was always brought up to be polite and __________ (1) to people’s feelings.
- I mean, I still call people dear or __________ (2)
- I even nearly said ‘Yes, __________ (3)’ to the Queen recently.
- I had one very __________ (4) lesson in political correctness when I was at Art School.
- Let me say that students are __________ (5) to develop individual expression.
- …so I stood back and I opened the door for her and _________ (6) her pass.
- Basically, she said __________ (7) chauvinist pagan ….
- Well, I’ve __________ (8) my lesson there.
- The occasion never arouse and I don’t think our __________ (9) crossed again.
- …they would have taken it as an _______ (10) of respect.


Key: 1. considerate 2. love 3. dear 4. hard 5. encouraged
6. let 7. male 8. learnt 9. paths 10. action

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario